Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Glitter: The gift that keeps on giving!

The original title of this post was "Glitter is the Herpes of crafts," but I figured that might be offensive.  So I moved it to the first line in the post.  Much less offensive.  I read that quote somewhere and thought it was hilarious.  And true.  I love glitter.  Love crafting with it.  Love glitter decorations.  But once you have glittered, it seems you never get rid of the tiny sparkles.  And It.Gets. Everywhere.  There is glitter on the tables, glitter in your hair, glitter on your skin and clothes.  But then, I think that life is better when it is sparkly. So sparkle on!

Today's Thrills Thrifty Craft involves glitter and clothespins and Mod Podge.


That's It! And you get some cute clothespins to use for anything you need.  I put a layer of Mod Podge on the clothespin, poured the glitter over the clothespin (while holding it over a bowl to collect the extra) then set aside to let dry.  Once dry, I used a paint brush to put a layer of Mod Podge on top of the glitter and let dry. The top layer of Mod Podge really sets the glitter so that it isn't sprinkling everywhere. 


I think the clothespins were a dollar for 25 or 50 at walmart.  I already had Mod Podge and glitter. 
I really love using them and they really sparkle!  I made some pink ones for a baby shower and used them to hang letters on twine for a banner.

I made some red ones and hung our Christmas cards on some twine as a cute and easy display.  You could glue a small magnet on the back for even MORE functionality.  I still plan on posting about rosettes this week, so come back!

Stay crafty, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment